Re: Dragging and Dropping with NVDA

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes some other software has this issue, one used to be one of the cd burning tools.
However that was what i meant by a track of the drag. Often only a nudge is needed to fool it into thinking its being moved.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 2:47 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Dragging and Dropping with NVDA

Quentin,

Thanks much for that information. One of the few instances where I've seen a need to use drag and drop via the keyboard is rearranging the displayed column order in Thunderbird. Because I've had so much trouble with this in the past, because I didn't know that a bump of the mouse was required, I've suggested that folks find a sighted assistant since this is generally a one-off activity. At least now I know why I've had the difficulties I've had as I'd certainly not have expected the need for actual mouse use (or the equivalent via Golden Cursor), that's for sure.

--
Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1709, Build 16299 (dot level on request - it changes too often to keep in signature)

* * *The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement.* * But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another* * profound truth.*

* ~ * *Niels Bohr*

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.