Re: Lenovo computers wunning Win10 and NVDA

Ervin, Glenn

There are a couple of talking WinPE ISO files out there that you can use for installing Windows.

WinPE is Windows Pre-install Environment, which is the environment you enter while installing Windows from the DVD.

Microsoft has made WinPE available to all for a long time, but only recently has it been set up with audio drivers to load either NVDA with Eloquence, or NVDA with eSpeak.

Brian Smart made one with Eloquence, and I think that is just briansmart.com

At the office, the other set of WinPE using eSpeak comes from a site that I am blocked from accessing from work, so someone else will have to give that to you.

When you boot up to WinPE, it’s just like you are on someone else’s computer, it has Internet access and usually extra utilities, along with all of Windows tools.

You remove the DVD and put in the Windows install DVD and run it like any other installer and it will be talking.

HTH.

Glenn