Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:37 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] help, can't get balloon about Win 10 back!

Hi Jessica,

One problem is that after a while, the registry gets bloated with information that it needs for all the programs installed, and Windows needs to cache the registry for information when it loads a program, and as the registry gets bigger and bigger, it takes longer to find the information, and that is why it slows down.

When you installed Windows 10, it needed to put in a new registry.

The new registry would have pulled in some of the old information so you can still use the old programs.

I learned that Office 2000 does not work on 10, as I had installed it on a friend’s 7 and it works fine on that, but when he had someone do the free upgrade to 10 before the first of the year, we found that his outlook no longer works.

I don’t know if Windows 10 will allow a clean install of Office 2000 though.

I use 2000 at home, and it does all I need it to do, I just installed Microsoft’s compatibility utility which allows me to access new Office files.

Glenn