Re: Google docs and NVDA and Chrome

Gene

The first question, at least for me, who knows very little about Google Docs, (spelling) is whether images can be sent using it.  If this is an image, some way of recognizing the text must be found.

Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 3:25 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Google docs and NVDA and Chrome

Hello Dan,
Have you tried refreshing the page with f5?
When I can't read anything, I go the adress bar and then I return to the document.
Have you also tried turning browse mode on and off with nvda+space bar?
I have no other ideas for the moment.
Best
Sylvie
Le 18/04/2018 à 18:47, Dan Beaver a écrit :

Thank you for the info.

I tried using the ctrl+alt+z stroke and it said screen reader support enabled.  However, it still just says "about:".  My wife looked at the screen and it has other info on it but NVDA can't read it.

Any other ideas?  Does the doc have to be formatted in a certain way to make it accessible?

Dan Beaver

On 4/18/2018 12:01 PM, Sylvie Duchateau wrote:

Hello Dan,

Google docs works fine with Chrome and NVDA.

You have to enable screen reader support in pressing ctrl+alt+Z.

Sylvie

Le 18/04/2018 à 17:35, Dan Beaver a écrit :

HI,

I have had a document shared with me but I can't seem to find a way to read it.  I can only hear the first line which says "About:".

Is it possible to access google docs with NVDA and Chrome?

Thanks.

Dan Beaver