Re: Say All and NVDA

Gene

I haven't worked with profiles to any extent and this may not be as good a solution as others will propose.  You could make a profile not just regarding say all.  You could make a profile for slowing speech when the Kindle application is loaded and leave all settings the same but have speech slowed to the rate you want.

Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2018 4:51 AM
To: nvda
Subject: [nvda] Say All and NVDA

HI, everyone. I have a couple questions and was wondering if anyone
could help. I have the latest Next snapshot of NVDA and Windows 10
Insider build 17134, but what I'm asking about has been an issue for a
long time. I often read books on my laptop with Kindle for PC,
especially if I can't find an audio version somewhere Else. I use eSpeak
NG and have it set really fast for most things, but when I'm reading, I
like to slow it down. A lot of times, I've tried to automatically do
this by creating a configuration profile for NVDA's say all feature that
slows the speech rate down when I press the say all command. I've pretty
much stopped doing this, though, because using that profile somehow
seems to change the speech rate for my normal configuration, which is
really annoying. I believe I had the same issue when I created a
configuration profile that slowed speech when I used the Kindle app. Has
anyone   else noticed this? Is there a way to fix or get around it?
Would changing the synthesizer for that particular profile help? I'm not
sure what synthesizer would be free or cheap and good for reading, but I
would be willing to try different ones out if that would fix this
problem. Thanks.