Re: NVDA Is Well Ahead Of JAWS

Tyler Wood

Hi,

They both have their strengths and weaknesses as far as I'm concerned.

For me, jaws is far, far superior when navigating through windows explorer but NVDA is superior when it comes to the windows 10 store and the windows 10 apps you can download from it. Similarly, jaws still has quite an edge in microsoft office though NVDA is catching up.

On 19-Apr-2018 2:04 PM, Jason White via Groups.Io wrote:
I think NVDA and JAWS are arguably the best screen readers currently available
for any platform. Which is preferable to a given person or in a given
situation depends on a variety of factors.

VoiceOver for iOS is also very good, in my experience. Please bear in mind,
however, that I haven't used Android recently and so can't make an up to date
comparison. I regularly use Mac OS, Windows, Linux and iOS, and occasionally
Chrome OS for testing purposes.

Nevzat Adil <nevzatadil@gmail.com> wrote:
I agree; and in my case it is the number of languages with NVDA that I
like. I can, with a keystroek, switch from one language to another.
the only disadvantage with NVDA is that it lacks behind as far as
Unified English Braille (UEB) is concerned. As I am studying to be
certified as a braille proofreader this feature is important for me.
JAWS has both output and input UEB tables whereas NVDA has only
output table.
Nevzat

On 4/19/18, Inam Uddin via Groups.Io <charlsdarwin1969=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dear friends, the matter of fact is that I’m using JAWS as my primary screen
reader since I have started using computer for the first time in year 2010.
The latest tutorial of NVDA by Joseph Lee made me interested in using NVDA.
So I have downloaded and installed it and since then I have been using it as
my secondary screen reader!
I’m very happy to let you know that NVDA is well ahead of JAWS specially in
the area of accessibility!
Friends, I’d like to request you to please comment about my observation if
it is right?
Please let me know the pros and cons of my observation!
Charlsdarwin1

You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@gmail.com
outlook: