Re: NVDA Is Well Ahead Of JAWS

Antony Stone

Indeed.

It's exactly the same as choosing a web browser - there is no single "best"
choice. Some people prefer Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, or whatever;
sometimes one works with a particular website better than others; some have
features which you don't often need but are really useful on occasion.

So, having several web browsers installed so you can choose which one to use
at any given time is good; the same thing goes for screen readers - there is
no single "best" choice, it depends on what you're trying to do, and sometimes
what you feel most comfortable / familiar with.

Antony.

On Thursday 19 April 2018 at 23:34:30, Dan Kerstetter wrote:

After following this thread, I’ve decided to put in my 1.5 cents. (smile)

As a blind person who has used a computer for a long time with many
different screen readers, I feel that one can never have too many. Some
things JAWS is better at than NVDA and vice versa. I’ve actually had to
switch between screen readers in the middle of performing a task on the
web simply because one will work and the other won’t for one specific part
of a task. Thanks for reading.

Dan K
--
The Magic Words are Squeamish Ossifrage.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.