Re: NVDA Is Well Ahead Of JAWS

Ashley Wayne

Hey all,
I am enjoying this thread.  I don't see any need or reason to insist that one screenreader is inherently better overall than another.  They each may work better for different tasks or one just may find one easier to use than another.  In my case, I use nvda most, but have relied on jaws for working with pdf documents, as I find for me it seems to be a bit easier to manipulate.  I will sometimes try narrator as well, it is so nice to have choices.  It's just like with phones or computers, it's preference and/or tailoring to what specific task you need a screenreader for.  I'm personally apprecitive of microsoft, vfo and nv access for all their hard work.

On Apr 19, 2018 5:11 PM, "Gene" <gsasner@...> wrote:
It's worth pointing out that, although Window-eyes will become increasingly less useful over time, it still would be worth keeping around because you might find something it does better than JAWS or NVDA.  Just because it is no longer updated doesn't mean it may not be useful for certain tasks.

Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2018 4:42 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Is Well Ahead Of JAWS

Indeed.

It's exactly the same as choosing a web browser - there is no single "best"
choice.  Some people prefer Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, or whatever;
sometimes one works with a particular website better than others; some have
features which you don't often need but are really useful on occasion.

So, having several web browsers installed so you can choose which one to use
at any given time is good; the same thing goes for screen readers - there is
no single "best" choice, it depends on what you're trying to do, and sometimes
what you feel most comfortable / familiar with.

Antony.

--
The Magic Words are Squeamish Ossifrage.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.