Re: NVDA Is Well Ahead Of JAWS

Devin Prater

Well, with all of the computers that I use, NVDA is sluggish with Microsoft Word text areas. So, until NVDA, and yes even Narrator, get that fixed, JAWS is the only viable solution for Office users. Sure, NVDA developers say they’ve never experienced this, but on my laptop with 8 gigs ram, quad core threaded CPU, and 64 bit Windows, and a beefy workstation with 16 gigs of ram, an SSD, and so on, NVDA still lags with Word text areas, this means the document pane pretty much, as well as the Outlook message box. So, JAWS still has that main use for professional Office users and students.

On Apr 20, 2018, at 3:39 AM, Angela Delicata <angeladelicata@gmail.com> wrote:

very well said: good analysis of things.

Il 19/04/2018 21:43, Gene ha scritto:
There are some uses for which JAWS is better. My impression is that NVDA is either as good or better than JAWS for typical uses such as browsing, e-mail, working with audio players, and doing other things the majority of users do. But JAWS is much more user configurable and the user who knows how to do so can make it work with many programs that aren't widely used, but that the person may want or need. A lot of users won't have a need or wish to do so but the ability to customize JAWS is important for some users.

And there are times when JAWS works with a certain program better and where NVDA works with a specific program better.

It's common to see the attitude among committed NVDA users that it is very superior and to pretty much dismiss JAWS. that isn't a proper view. for some, perhaps many, users, NVDA would be superior. but there are blind people who rely on JAWS in important ways. It's far better to have choices and I don't hope to see the demise of JAWS.

Dear friends, the matter of fact is that I’m using JAWS as my primary screen reader since I have started using computer for the first time in year 2010.
The latest tutorial of NVDA by Joseph Lee made me interested in using NVDA.
So I have downloaded and installed it and since then I have been using it as my secondary screen reader!
I’m very happy to let you know that NVDA is well ahead of JAWS specially in the area of accessibility!
Friends, I’d like to request you to please comment about my observation if it is right?
Please let me know the pros and cons of my observation!
Charlsdarwin1

You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@gmail.com
outlook: