From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Freitag, 20. April 2018 07:00
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Editing Excel Cells

Hi Louis,

Pressing F2 to edit cell contents in Excel is a function of Excel itself, rather than the screen reader.  So, yes you can do this with NVDA.  Interesting that you say this functionality no longer works with Jaws, as we have started seeing problems with it in NVDA, so I wonder if it is not something either screen reader has done, but perhaps something Microsoft has done that has broken how we get the information about cells being edited.  For a sighted user, and indeed using NVDA, the functionality appears to work just the same as it ever has, it's just that NVDA reports "unknown" when you press F2, and then does not read the contents of the cell.

We have at least one issue open for this: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/8146

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 8:32 AM, Louis Maher <ljmaher03@...> wrote:

Folks,

I recently migrated from JAWS to NVDA.  In JAWS, a user can edit an Excel cell by putting the cursor on the cell and hitting f2.  Recently this functionality disappeared from JAWS; however, with today's release (J2018.1804.26) this functionality has returned.

Does NVDA have an Excel cell editing method?

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
E-mail ljmaher03@...