Re: Hi, from win10 Mail App!

David Moore

Hi Rosemarie,
I just sent out to the list everything you have to know about using the win10 mail and calendar apps. I will do a audio tutorial for you and everyone else. In the next couple of days, I will do that audio tutorial. Wow, this is so exciting. I just started to mess around with the win10 mail app, and now, I am ready to do an audio tutorial. Look for the message I just sent to the entire list with many articles that take you step by step through different tasks, and there are many key commands.
David Moore (win10 list moderator)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, May 8, 2016 11:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Hi, from win10 Mail App!

Hi, David,

Could you do a tutorial on the mail ap for us like you did for google chrome? That would be great.

Rosemarie

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2016 7:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi,
When you are using the win10 mail app, your contacts are imported into the people app. So, you need to use the people app for your contacts and addresses, and the mail app to work with the messages. So, you have the people app and the mail app working together and you should have them both running at the same time. The Calendar app is very closely related to the mail app as well. So really, to have it all, you need the mail, people, and calendar apps running all at the same time. This is how it differs to other clients. You need three apps running to have the whole picture.

Sent: Sunday, May 8, 2016 11:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Jacob,

Since David Moore has also posted elsewhere about this he is using the new Win10 mail app that ships with every Win10 machine and shows up on the start menu out of the box.

It's got little in common with earlier e-mail clients other than the fact that it is used to read mail.

I'm still not able to get message text read using NVDA and the Win10 mail app, but I'm presuming that this is operator error of some sort.

Brian
--

Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts.
~ Henry Rosovsky

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.