Re: Ham radio programs

Igor Kaplan

Well, Chirp is probably nice, however it does not support any of shortwave receivers which I have.

On 4/20/2018 10:26 AM, Ervin, Glenn wrote:
I have found the best programming software is Chirp.
It is a free program.
I found that it works well in Linux with the Orca screenreader, it does not do the best with Jaws, I'd be interested to see how well NVDA works with Chirp.
I haven't tried because it works so well in Linux.
Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2018 9:13 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Ham radio programs

I have a proper Icom radio for this, but increasingly with modern
appliances, interference is an issue.There are a lot of SDRs on the web, but
I've had little luck in the past trying to make them work correctly with a
screenreader. What do they use, Java or what?

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-