Re: How to get firefox to read just text on a website?

John Isige

In addition to using the view menu, you can also hit ctrl-alt-r once the
page is loaded. It doesn't work for everything, but it's pretty cool
when it works.

As for the question somebody else asked about getting it on other
browsers, I think Safari for mac has something like it, but I forget how
it works. You can get it in Chrome but I think you have to tinker with
the configuration.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-enable-reader-mode-in-chrome/

There are also a couple of Chrome extensions that seem to do it, I
haven't messed with any of this because I hardly use Chrome. Apparently
it's built into Edge, with a keyboard shortcut to boot.

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/56266/microsoft-edge-how-to-use-reading-mode/

On 4/20/2018 16:01, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi all,   as the subject says I remember hearing that firefox can skip
links and all the crap and just read the text of say a news story.
can someone tell me how to do this? thanks in advance.