From: "Kevin Huber" <kevin.huber1@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Cannot read PDF documents with NVDA

Hi Afrim:
Sometimes a PDF document is a picture of the text rather than the text
itself, so you will have to do OCR on it to make it read.
You can try the OCR ad-on, or if you have Kurzweil 1000, you can open
the document in Kurzweil 1000 and it will give you a text
representation of the document.
Kevin Huber

On 5/7/16, Afrim <afrim.maja@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,
I have seriously started using NVDA, and this time is more serious than
other times, because I have upgraded to windows 10, and it works very well,
and I do mean very very well. One of my biggest issues I'm currently facing
is reading pdf documents with NVDA. On the adobe reader, or adobe acrobat
reader, NVDA reads absolutely nothing. I have to work everyday with those
types of documents because my university professors provide me with lectures
or books in pdf format, but I cannot access them.
So, could somebody help me with this problem because it is very important to
me. Every answer is appreciated.
sincerely,
Afrim

Sent from my iPhone