From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Roger
Stewart
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2018 12:44 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Changing punctuation pronunciation

I found only one other instance of exclamation point and apostrophe and
they both said all. After I changed those, now it is working. There
aren't 4 of anything that needs changing but just 2. At least it's doing
what I want it to now!

Roger

On 4/23/2018 12:32 PM, Gene wrote:

I don't know why that is. If you are doing things correctly, then
there appears to be a problem with your NVDA extension or perhaps with
Windows that is keeping the change from being implemented. I don't know
if the installed version keeps the changes in the program or in the
registry.

But some things should be clarified to save people unnecessary work.
First, at least when I tested with an old version of NVDA, you don't have
to save the configuration. These settings are independent of the
configuration. So be sure you want to change what you are changing.
Unlike other changes in NVDA, once you make a change here, it
remains, even if you apply the saved configuration before you save the
current one.

Also, sentence ending means what is says. If you just change
sentence ending, it will just change sentence ending. You don't have to
change the sentence ending setting if you want to change how the symbol is
spoken everywhere. You can just change the setting for the symbol that
has no description of what the setting affects. For example, there is an
explanation point setting that doesn't say sentence end or anything else.
Changing what is spoken for that item will change how it is spoken
everywhere.