From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>; <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2018 7:35 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Changing punctuation pronunciation

A correction and another comment.

I was wrong in my first message. I thought I had tested this properly but, in some way, I didn't. Sentence end does need to be changed if you want to affect how the pronunciation mark is pronounced at a sentence end. It has to be changed in the other entry to affect everything else.

Also, as I thought, changing the setting in the all, most, etc. combo box in the pronunciation dialog changes when the punctuation mark is spoken depending on which level setting you are using in the NVDA setting for your synthesizer.

If you have a punctuation mark set to all in the punctuation mark pronunciation dialog, it will only be spoken if your NVDA synthesizer punctuation setting is set to all. If the mark is set to most in the pronunciation dialog, it will be spoken if the synthesizer setting is for either most or all. Let's say you want the period spoken when your synthesizer punctuation setting is set to none. If you set the period setting to none in the pronunciation dialog, it will be spoken when your synthesizer setting is set to none, some, most or all.

These level settings in the pronunciation dialog have nothing to do with what is spoken, just when.