Re: Handy Tech Active Star 40: gets just recognized after switching to pc mode

Simon Eigeldinger

Hi Felix,

Well what it basically does is it shows usb-device selected on the display.
well the german version of it but that should be the same at your place.
when i select pc-mode works fine.
sometimes i need to restart nvda.

it also works fine when the start up mode is set to pc mode.
that also works.
but when its selected to main menu which is the default the display is just showing usb-device selected.

NVDA though shows in the log that the driver has found the device.

INFO - brailleInput.initialize (22:46:47.908):
Braille input initialized
INFO - braille.initialize (22:46:47.908):
Using liblouis version 3.5.0
INFO - brailleDisplayDrivers.handyTech.BrailleDisplayDriver.__init__ (22:46:47.924):
Found Active Star 40 connected via USB HID (\\?\hid#vid_1fe4&pid_0064&mi_00#7&c60a76f&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030})
INFO - braille.BrailleHandler.setDisplayByName (22:46:47.924):
Loaded braille display driver handyTech, current display has 40 cells.

Greetings,
Simon

Am 25.04.2018 um 07:29 schrieb Felix G.:

Hello Simon,
do you mean not recognized, or not Brailling?
In other words: At the point when you think it hasn't been recognized, can
you please switch to pc mode for me and report what happens?
Best,
Felix

I have a Handy Tech Active Star 40.
I am running the latest NVDA Next 15060 but that also happened on NVDA
2018.1.
When the braille display is turned on and NVDA starts then the display
seems not to be recognized when the start up mode is switched to main menu.
it just gets recognized when the start up mode is pc mode.
A few months ago that was automatically switched by NVDA.
Is there an issue in the Handy Tech driver?
I am running Windows 10 Home 64 Bit.
I have the recent firmware 2.0c installed but that also happened when
2.0b was installed as well.

Greetings and thanks,
Simon

---