______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 28.4.2018 г. в 11:20, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io написа:

So is this the old black text on a black background thing. Black cat in a coal cellar so to speak. I know this approach works as some web sites include secret text written in the paper colour either deliberately or by accident. I'd have thought though that this might need some way to intercept the video driver.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kostadin Kolev" <k.kolev1985@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Screen Curtain Feature

Hello all,

Brian, JAWS got this feature implemented recently. And do you know how they did it? It is very clever and at the same time - very simple, actually. At least it is, according to my observations and knowledge on the matter. From a visual point of view, it looks like a full screen black background, like the one you would see on a video player playing in full screen mode and displaying a black image. The mouse cursor was also visible, at least the last time I tried it. So, Freedom Scientific are using a functionality present on Windows for ages, actually - nothing new or groundbreaking. As far as I know, this technology is used by some games and video players to display their content in full screen mode. The thing is, that the method used can only work as a screen curtain only, and not as a power saver, since it does not (and as far as I know - it cannot) turn off the screen - it only displays a black background over the whole screen displayed on the monitor.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 27.4.2018 г. в 22:47, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io написа:

 No this has been debated before. I think this will rely on Windows offering such a mode as without the screen how can you have a screenreader. Its all down to where the curtain is inserted and Windows now is so locked down that trying to cludge something in from outside is not really a good thing to try!
 I'm sure somebody here might know where this discussion is, as I can remember it but did not bother as I just don't use a monitor!
 Brian

 bglists@...Â
   ----- Original Message -----    From: Greg Rhodes