because it is a very nice and quick laptop i want to do anything to get it work with nvda.
thanks in advance
paul otter

Op 28-4-2018 om 10:28 schreef Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io:

Use the laptop layout or buy a numeric keypad?
Have we not had this issue before. its precisely why if I get a new laptop not only do I want the function keys to be defaulted to function keys, but I want a keypad as well.
I have an old dell without one and got so  peed off I eventually plugged in a keyboard.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "P. Otter" <pam.otter@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2018 8:08 AM
Subject: [nvda] what can i do please help

hello all,
i've a problem with my laptop.
it is a dell inspiron 14Z5423.
it is very quick, and nvda is installed and works properly.
most of the time on laptops you can press and hold the fn key to navigate around the screen with nvda.
but not here. the fn key works here only for the F-keys to change sound, screen, etc with fn key is pressed.
what i want is to use j k l, u i o etc to navigate around the screen with nvda.
there is also no numlock key.

i've tryed it with an sweex number pad.
the digits are working correct with numlock off.
but when i've pressed numlock on, the only thing i can do is a left mouse click and a right mouse click.
but the digits are not used as nvda navigate keys.

so the laptop is very nice and quick. what can i do now?
is there a way to solve this problem?
i'm very glad if there is a solution for me.
thanks in advance!
paul otter