From: P. Otter
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2018 2:08 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] what can i do please help

hello all,
i've a problem with my laptop.
it is a dell inspiron 14Z5423.
it is very quick, and nvda is installed and works properly.
most of the time on laptops you can press and hold the fn key to
navigate around the screen with nvda.
but not here. the fn key works here only for the F-keys to change sound,
screen, etc with fn key is pressed.
what i want is to use j k l, u i o etc to navigate around the screen
with nvda.
there is also no numlock key.

i've tryed it with an sweex number pad.
the digits are working correct with numlock off.
but when i've pressed numlock on, the only thing i can do is a left
mouse click and a right mouse click.
but the digits are not used as nvda navigate keys.

so the laptop is very nice and quick. what can i do now?
is there a way to solve this problem?
i'm very glad if there is a solution for me.
thanks in advance!
paul otter