Re: will be using a new email address

Antony Stone

Most bounce messages saying "undeliverable" also give a reason why the message
could not be delivered - this can be anything from "recipient address does not
exist" (so there's no way we can deliver it) to "your address is not
deliverable" (so if someone can't reply to you, we're not going to deliver
your email), or "server is having a problem" (so it might work if you try
again later).

Do the bounce messages you're receiving have any further detail to them, which
can help to indicate the problem (or, at the very least, whether the problem
is at the sender end or the receipient end)?

Oh, and no, there is no need to unsubscribe one address before subscribing
from a second one - in fact it can be useful to have both subscribed together
for a while, to see whether you receive some messages at one address which do
not arrive at the other - indicating a problem with your email provder and not
with the list itself.

Antony.

On Sunday 29 April 2018 at 01:37:24, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

Hi, everyone,

I've been having some problems with my gmail account. On some email lists,
I'll try to write a message. Later I get a message back saying that my
message is undeliverable. I created an outlook account today with the help
of the Microsoft disability line. Do I unsub this address first before
going to the new one?

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie
--
The lottery is a tax for people who can't do maths.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.