From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2018 8:23 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] An omission in the NVDA interface and it's not standard

Every so often, when I look through the NVDA menu, I wonder why accelerator commands aren't given.  these are usually commands such as control and a character such as a letter or a number.  NVDA has lots of these commands, usually being combinations of control NVDA key and a character such as a letter or number.  The synthesizer dialog, for example, opens with NVDA key control s.  The voice settings dialog opens with control NVDA key v.  Why are none of these commands voiced when moving through the NVDA menu?  This is an important way for those who know enough about Windows basics to know what they mean to be made aware of such commands or to quickly review them without the cumbersome need to look in documentation.  It also is standard for menus to voice accelerator commands.