So it looks like that could be worth another go for those on Windows 10.  For those on earlier versions of Windows, you should be able to do this as well.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 3:33 AM, Ervin, Glenn <glenn.ervin@...> wrote:
All of the laptops I have use one of the function keys along with the FN key to turn off the monitor.
I suppose if you could only brighten/dim the monitor, one could dim it all the way down so it is too hard for anyone to see.
Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2018 3:24 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Screen Curtain Feature

I think those who ask for this are talking laptops really and that is the
problem mentioned. you really would like to turn off the monitor completely
in software to emulate what we do on a desktop with a button or not even
connect one.
 That is not possible.
 Maybe its something that can be designed into hardware, but I'd not expect
mainstream companies to do this unless its as a power saving feature when
streaming audio.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.