Re: Windows 10: where do I find updates?

Angela Delicata

Good, so I  had a look in settings and saw the options you described which are very useful. I did not even know about them.

I know very little on Win 10 as I am using it since six month, exactly when I started using nvda smile; it goes without saying my knowledge on pcs in general is  poor... So, I get lost from time to time.

Thank you again for the useful tips.
Best.
Angela from Italy

Il 04/05/2018 13:08, Chris Mullins ha scritto:
Hi Angela
You have already been into the Security and Updates section of the Settings
dialog, so if you go back there, and tab down to an item entitled 'Change
active hours' and press enter. You can now set start/end times when you
will be using the computer, during which Windows will not receive updates.
If you use these times Judiciously, you can set things up so that the
computer is switched on at times outside your start/end times so that
updates will be applied. Note that when you have just opened the Security
and updates dialog, the first item you tab to is a list control. This list
box determines which items of information you view when you subsequently
tab into the main body of the dialog. It defaults to the top item which is
'Windows updates' but if you want to view anything else, use the arrow keys
to navigate the list, spacebar to select a topic, then tab into the related
controls. When finished, find and activate the 'Home' button to return to
the main Settings window.

Another updates related feature is in the Accounts section of the Settings
window. Activate this, then select 'Sign-in options' from the list box
control on this page. Tab down to 'Use my sign-in info to automatically
finish setting up my device after an update or restart.' And check it. Now
tab to the home button to exit. This feature will allow your computer to
apply updates which require a re-boot to finish installing should your
machine be un-attended.

Cheers
Chris