Re: Reading more lines in the windows console output (command prompt)?

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

Here's a rather round about way of reading the command prompt.

1. Open a command prompt and do what ever function you wish.

2.  Press alt + space bar for the context menu.

3.  Press E for edit menu.

4.  choose select all.

5.  Press alt + space bar again.

6.  Choose edit again.

7.  Choose copy.

8.  Open a text editor and press control + V to paste the contents into that editor.

For some reason in the command prompt itself, control + A followed by Control + C will not work.  Using the above described method does.

On 5/5/2018 4:54 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Can you use piping to send the screen output to a file?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-