Re: I've largely changed my mind about Chrome, I like it much more now

Sarah k Alawami

Nah I'm good. I get my alerts and always look at my page to see what's going on. I persnally think a system at least wiht no extra sounds for web runs a lot faster, and it's a lot less to focus on dedicating the mind to somethingn else.

On May 7, 2018, at 1:37 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:

If there is one for other sounds that would be good. As you may be aware, sites like Amazon among others constantly refresh bits of their pages, and without the little clicks you might not realise this is going on. also on page redirects, if you have any alerts off, then you can wonder what the heck is going on.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "George McCoy" <slr1bpz@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2018 6:04 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] I've largely changed my mind about Chrome, I like it much more now

The one I use is called Download notifier.  Here's how to get it.
First, you must open extensions in Chrome.  You can enter chrome://extensions in the address bar that you are placed in when you start chrome or you can press alt plus f, then l for more tools then e for extensions.
You should land in the search extensions edit box.  If you don't land there, tab to the search box.
type download notifier in the search box and press enter.
You should then be taken to the download notifier page where you can install the extension.
It's easier than it sounds in my explanation.

George

-----Original Message----- From: Gerardo Corripio
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2018 11:36 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Wow how can I get them, and what is it called the one for when downloads
are complete in Chrome?

El 06/05/2018 a las 10:59 a.m., George McCoy escribió:
There are Chrome extensions, one of which plays a sound when downloasds are finished and one that plays sounds for various events that can be configured.

George

-----Original Message----- From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2018 9:27 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Would anyone know if Chrome has sounds? one of the annoyances with current
firefox is figuring out when downloads are finished or when a page is
refreshing itself, ie you normally hear the ticks  in the old version due to
navigational sounds.
Until i find a browser with this function of sound I'm loathe to get a new
browser over ff52, but the problem is that I've been reading that some sites
now do not support the old versions of Firefox and tell you so when you have
things like modal windows whatever they are.
On XP to make Firefox perform even reasonably you need to use a version 45,
as after this the actual load up times are hugely slowed, my guess is that
the code is made for multi processor  devices, not single core ones.This is
also why on xp you might find that Chrome and firefox are similar in page

Things are no pushing ahead so fast on sites that its not uncommon to see
the message you browser is unsupported get this or that then you can come
back.
To me this is a weird thing for commercial sites to do, as they are, in
effect pushing away potential customers, but hey, that is their business.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>