Re: NVDA and CCleaner (free, anyway)

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

It allows you to back up the deleted items or I believe can be set to save the whole lot. I do this every boot up with erunt so its a simple case of running the right date to get back, but I've not had any troubles and although not always is there a difference, sometimes there definitely is. its probably due to updates and uninstalls that are not very well designed that this sort of cleaning can fix on 64 bit machines. On 32 bit installs, then revo still works well.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2018 3:39 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and CCleaner (free, anyway)

I don't run them either and I am not convinced they generally do any good. I don't believe in taking even small risks for no benefit. It appears to me that running the CCleaner registry cleaner on an unaggressive setting is a small risk but why take even a small risk for no benefit?

But since I know that there are a lot of people who run such cleaners, I asked the question for their benefit.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, May 07, 2018 9:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and CCleaner (free, anyway)

Gene,

The general consensus is in the IT community is that registry cleaners should never be used, and I follow that consensus. That is the one CCleaner function I never, ever use.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

After all, a democracy based solely on the values of the majority, with no overriding ethical principles and processes, is nothing more than clubhouse democracy, great for those on the inside and a tyranny for those who fail to see eye to eye with the majority.

~ Paul Noeldner, May 16, 2007

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.