From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2018 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and CCleaner (free, anyway)

Gene,

I'm actually familiar with that author's work as well. As I said earlier, and your reference supports it, the general consensus in the serious, what goes on under the hood IT world is that general purpose registry cleaners are snake oil, at best, and downright dangerous at worst.

Years ago, before I did any significant reading on this, I used the CCleaner registry cleaner feature with some regularity. While I never had any system problems as a result, I also never saw any noticeable change in how the system performed, either.

When it comes to system internals the old saw, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," applies in spades, as do, "Better safe than sorry," and, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

--

*Brian* *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

After all, a democracy based solely on the values of the majority, with no overriding ethical principles and processes, is nothing more than clubhouse democracy, great for those on the inside and a tyranny for those who fail to see eye to eye with the majority.

~ Paul Noeldner, May 16, 2007