From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2018 10:25 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox 60 with ads?

Well waterfox is still an option.

Aparently mozilla still do develop classic addons so those will stay but as for interfaces it will all go to esr.

As for chrome, I don't know.

With the security extentions I have active, some sites don't access and chrome likes to block everything unless it thinks its not dangerous.

I will be staying with waterfox as long as it stays current.

On 5/10/2018 8:25 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi there an item in the news today says the version 60 is out and support for 52 ends at the end of this month, whereupon 60 becomes the esr version, despite so many not liking it.
A couple of questions. it says that in the US to start with, Pocket will be used to run adverts. One assumes one can turn this off. I've never had a use for it.
Also there is some talk of using wider displays intelligently, whatever that means. So for those who have no display connected, what size of display is used and what can nvda see?

I'm trying to decide whether to just keep an old firefox and go to Chrome, or to try to learn the use with no sound prompts.
Also I notice the read mode discussion for nvda reading the page without clutter, but according to what I hear, the read command in firefox for decluttering is now F9, which is changed I think. Also some settings have been moved.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-