Firefox Slowness in Windows 10

HI, everyone. I apologize in advance if this gets cross-posted to a bunch of lists. I know some people don't like that since it can make it harder to reply if you're not on all of the lists. I'm trying out the mailing lists feature in Mozilla Thunderbird for the first time. I'm just curious if anyone else has problems with Mozilla Firefox. I'm not talking about the extended support release that some people use. This is about newer releases and pre-release builds. I'm using Firefox on Windows 10 with NVDA, and for some reason, it seems to be very slow and hangs or freezes all the time. I've experienced this with the stable, beta, and nightly versions. All of them seem to be slow. I haven't found one that's better than others, and it doesn't matter whether I'm using add-ons or not. It's the same even if I disable all add-ons temporarily. Does anyone else have problems with Firefox being slow? Do you have any suggestions on how I could speed it up? Thanks.