Re: cannot upgrade NVDA

I terminate the installation because I do not see anything happening. It sits there, and beeps. Right now, it has gone on for about 4 minutes.

On 5/10/2018 3:10 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Make a portable copy and see if that works first, then download the  new version manually, and try a new install forcing it. If that also fails, then it could well be something has become corrupted somewhere, but only a developer might have an inkling if its windows or nvda.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Governor staten" <govsta@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2018 6:31 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] cannot upgrade NVDA

Here is a piece of the log. It doesn't seem to say much.

ERROR - gui.installerGui.doInstall (13:28:02.270):
Failed to execute installer
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "gui\installerGui.pyc", line 32, in doInstall
 File "config\__init__.pyc", line 201, in execElevated
 File "winKernel.pyc", line 220, in GetExitCodeProcess
WindowsError: [Error 6] The handle is invalid.
ERROR - gui.installerGui.doInstall (13:28:02.293):
Installation failed: [Error 6] The handle is invalid.

On 5/10/2018 12:57 PM, Angela Delicata wrote:
It works here also.

Il 10/05/2018 18:57, Rui Fontes ha scritto:
No problem here...
Windows 10 1803 and installed today the Next version of yesterday...

Rui Fontes

Às 17:16 de 10/05/2018, Governor staten escreveu:
Hello, folks. There is a pretty serious issue with NVDA now. I
cannot upgrade to the latest next version. Even if I download it, it
just sits there. No upgrade happens. This has happened since I
upgraded to Windows 10 1803.

Apparently, people who have other versions of Windows are having the
same issue. I would say that this is critical. This has been the
issue for a few days.