Re: cannot upgrade NVDA

Rich De Steno <ironrock@...>

I also cannot update.  What is the best way to uninstall my current NVDA and reinstall the current version, but still retain my settings and addons?  I would hate to start from scratch with settings and addons.

Rich De Steno

On 5/11/2018 4:13 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Well I notice the last insider build of 10 ends in 666, so this might be a clue!
On the other hand, probably not.
I can only guess that there is a bug in the privileges system in Windows that does not always allow the access needed when doing an update.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Governor staten" <govsta@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2018 9:42 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] cannot upgrade NVDA

I just set my log to debug and warning, and ran the update again. This
time, it worked. Riddle me that one.

On 5/10/2018 4:37 PM, Governor staten wrote:

I terminate the installation because I do not see anything happening.
It sits there, and beeps. Right now, it has gone on for about 4 minutes.

On 5/10/2018 3:10 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Make a portable copy and see if that works first, then download the
new version manually, and try a new install forcing it. If that also
fails, then it could well be something has become corrupted
somewhere, but only a developer might have an inkling if its windows
or nvda.