Re: cannot upgrade NVDA

Quentin Christensen

If you're running Windows 10 build 17666, I'd be inclined to either wait it out until they release another build, unless it's enough of an inconvenience to roll back to your previous Windows build.  There is a chance that you will uninstall NVDA and then not be able to install it again anyway on this build of Windows (has anyone tried that?)

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 8:32 PM, Rich De Steno <ironrock@...> wrote:
I also cannot update.  What is the best way to uninstall my current NVDA and reinstall the current version, but still retain my settings and addons?  I would hate to start from scratch with settings and addons.

Rich De Steno

On 5/11/2018 4:13 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Well I notice the last insider build of 10 ends in 666, so this might be a clue!
On the other hand, probably not.
I can only guess that there is a bug in the privileges system in Windows that does not always allow the access needed when doing an update.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Governor staten" <govsta@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2018 9:42 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] cannot upgrade NVDA

I just set my log to debug and warning, and ran the update again. This
time, it worked. Riddle me that one.

On 5/10/2018 4:37 PM, Governor staten wrote:

I terminate the installation because I do not see anything happening.
It sits there, and beeps. Right now, it has gone on for about 4 minutes.

On 5/10/2018 3:10 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Make a portable copy and see if that works first, then download the
new version manually, and try a new install forcing it. If that also
fails, then it could well be something has become corrupted
somewhere, but only a developer might have an inkling if its windows
or nvda.