Re: facebook and edge

David Moore

Yes, Gene!

It is the same in chrome.

The mobile Facebook site is laid out almost identical in Chrome and Edge.

I like it much better, because like you said, you have the good web layout with links and headings and that, but you get to see almost everything that you do on the regular Facebook site.

When I enter on the main menu, I was able to see all of my groups, news, town hall, and much more than you get to see in IE.

I am really liking it much better, using the mobile site in Edge and in Chrome.

Have a great one, Gene, and I will try to remember to have Skype on LOL!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, May 11, 2018 10:28 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] facebook and edge

Hi david

Just logged into the mobile version of face book it has certainly changed. it is more like the full version now. it is still in a web page type of setup. Where you can jump around with headings, links and buttons etc with single letter navigation keys  they still have the shortcut keys there to jump around the website. it took me a little time to find the log out part otherwise i would still be in there now.

I jumped around a few sections just to see the setup and can not recall having to go into focus mode and browse mode as much as you would do in the main one to see the extra parts of face book it seems to be more fluent.

Gene nz

On 5/11/2018 10:46 AM, David Moore wrote:

Thanks a lot, Gene!

I am really liking the experience the more I use it. The mobile site in Edge has more you can do with Facebook, than IE offers with the same mobile site. Thanks, Gene!

Talk soon!

Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2018 4:15 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] facebook and edge

Hi David

The last time i used it it was very easy and much like a web page if i remember right. It is much more stripped down than the main site. If i remember right there was a audio tutorial on the main face book with written material and on the end of the audio one was a look at the mobile version.  It would be good if you can write one then share it with the community.

Gene nz

On 5/11/2018 1:39 AM, David Moore wrote:

Hi!

I am just starting to use the Mobile site of Facebook in Edge with latest NVDA and latest Windows 10 1803 as well.

I will do a tutorial once I figure everything out, and I am sure that it is better to use it on Edge than it is on IE. So far, I like it better. I am trying it in Chrome as well.

I will let you know how it goes with me using Edge, and I will then do a tutorial for using mobile Facebook in Edge!

David Moore

Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2018 5:24 AM
Subject: [nvda] facebook and edge

Hi All,

Is there a tutorial for using the mobile facebook site and edge?  I am using the latest nvda and win10.  Thanks for any help.

Regards, Gary kn4ox

Send to: gmtravel@...

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.