From: "Mallard" <mallard@kimabe.eu>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 8:56 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] In-Process 15th May

Hello,

Yes, it's the OneCore that sounds horrible!

It comes up at the Windows Logon, and it sounds awful...

I tried to change it, but it still comes up. When NVDA is loaded, hen,
my defaullt synth speaks normally.
Ciao,
Ollie

Il 15/05/2018 09:23, Quentin Christensen ha scritto:
Olle,

Do you mean OneCore sounds horrible in Italian, or the current version of eSpeak NG?

Re changing the synthesizer, eSpeak NG is still included, it's just that OneCore is the default in Windows 10. If that is problematic, we'll have to look into it, though of course, as regularly discussed here, eSpeak NG is not perfect either!

Quentin.

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 5:05 PM, Mallard <mallard@kimabe.eu <mailto:mallard@kimabe.eu>> wrote:

Except for the Italian voices, which sound terrible. That's not so
much the voice qualiti itself, but the accent. It sounds like
someone who has trouble speaking; someone who's had a stroke, or
something... Really disgraceful!

Is there a way to change it back to Espeak?

Thanks, ciao,

Ollie

Il 15/05/2018 07:42, Rosemarie Chavarria ha scritto:

Hi, Quentin,

Wow, that's neat about the one-core voices being the default
voices now. I like e-speakbut the one-core voices sound more
natural.

Rosemarie

HI everyone,

This week's In-Process is out, and it includes some of the
goodness you can expect from NVDA 2018.2, plus an update
on our first Certified Expert in India and a hat-tip to
our Windows Insiders

All at:
https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-15th-may-2018/
<https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-15th-may-2018/>

#NVDAsr

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification
now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org <http://www.nvaccess.org>
<http://www.nvaccess.org/>
<http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess>