From: "Marshall handheld Flax" <m.droid.flax@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] screenwriting software that works with NVDA

You want to use https://fountain.io/

It is a text-only format that has some simple markup to indicate
formatting. So you can use whatever text editor you wish -- notepad,
wordpad, vi, emacs ... anything.

All you need to do is follow a few rules. For example, transitions are a
line that is all uppercase and ends with a colon. A caret (shift-6)
indicates two speakers are talking at once. A line that starts with "int"
or "ext" is a scene heading, etc.

Then there are different programs that will convert it to a pretty script
at the very end.

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 10:20 AM, Giles Turnbull <giles.turnbull@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi all,

has anybody used screenwriting programs successfully with NVDA? When I
start my MA in creative writing in October I'd like to take the movie/TV
screenwriting module, but am going to need to use software to handle the
routine screenwriting formatting. I'd appreciate any suggestions on which
software works well with NVDA and any that doesn't.

Grateful for any suggestions ... I know what software is available but do
not know anybody who has used them with a screen reader :)

Giles