Re: Windows 10 spring creators file explorer extremely unresponsive, or not providing timely feedback?

Jacob Kruger

You can also turn off preview pane option under file explorer options, type that into windows start menu search box, ctrl + tab over to view page, tab over to treeview, hit end key to jump to bottom, and then arrow up until you find the preview pane option, and, use space bar to toggle it on/off.

Don't know if this really made too much of a difference on my side, but anyway.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 5/15/2018 8:47 PM, Roger Stewart wrote:
I have also noticed that sometimes when in a list of files and folders, there seems to be some sluggishness in reading what is highlighted.  I tried several places and hitting alt + P does absolutely nothing at all. I tried just opening a folder, then I tried searching for file explorer and finally I just tried it on the desktop.  That key combo does nothing anywhere on my machine.  Is there another way to get the responsiveness back?

Thanks.

Roger

On 5/14/2018 4:13 PM, Steve Nutt wrote:

Hi,

Just press Alt-P in Explorer, and if it says Checked, then press enter to uncheck it, or just press escape.

All the best

Steve