From: "Christopher Gray" <chris@moblind.org>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:52 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question about Web Browsing

Good deal, many thanks.

Chris

On Tue, 15 May 2018, Jackie wrote:

Hello, Christopher. The command you're looking for is NVDA + control +
f. When I say "NVDA", I mean the modifier key you've chosen as your
NVDA key, ie, caps lock, numpad insert, etc. HTH.

On 5/15/18, Christopher Gray <chris@moblind.org> wrote:
Hi:

Please forgive a somewhat open-ended question. I come to NVDA with just
over a
week of experience, and things have gone pretty well. Before now, I have
been a
Cobra users for many years, back to about 1994, and when necessary a
Window-Eyes
user. Those are my points of reference. I have reveiwed and then read the
NVDA
User manual on the online Help system and found it pretty useful.

The area where I'm having some trouble is in web browsing, mostly on
Amazon.com
thus far. I am used to having a command in Cobra, ctrl+f, which was an
internal
Find command, not an Internet Explorer command. Is there an equivalent in
NVDA
or some alternative technique available to find things on a screen without
disturbing the screen itself or opening some sort of mode in the software
program itself?? Also, after I choose an item to examine or purchase on
Amazon,
that part of the screen seems to go blank. I don't know how to get things
reset. Any NVDA advice on this would be most welcome.

I've seen some conversation here about Chrome and if my best solution is to

start using Chrome, I could do that. Is there NVDA/Chrome-based information
help me get started?

Any pointers to commands or an overall approach will be very much
appreciated.

Thank you.

Chris

Have you considered Annual Giving or including a gift to Missouri Council of
the Blind in
your Will or Estate Plan? Contact me as shown below and I can help you with
this.

Christopher Gray, Executive Director
Missouri Council of the Blind

5453 Chippewa
St. Louis, MO 63109
Phone: (314) 832-7172
Toll-free: (800) 342-5632
Fax: (314) 832-7796

Like Jazz? Want to know more about jazz?
Tune into "A Journey into Jazz" with the Jazz Guys on the Global Voice,
Chris and Don.
Listen live each Wednesday at 00:00 Utc, 7:00 P.M. Eastern, 4:00 P.M.
Pacific
Find us by going to theglobalvoice.info/broadband.pls.
Can't listen live? go to theglobalvoice.info and choose the "Listen to
Past Shows" link any time during the week after each live broadcast.
You can also go to the link www.jazzguys.libsyn.com for the podcasts!
Or, subscribe to us through iTunes or TuneIn Radio.

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com