Re: WebEx

Dan Beaver

Actually, I just thought of something that I should have considered before.  I didn't try using the NVDA keystroke that passes the next keystroke to the system.  If you use that you may be able to use the accessibility shortcuts that are available.  It might be worth a try.

Let me know if you have done this or not and your experiences.  I may need webex in the future.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 5/16/2018 9:06 AM, Walker, Michael E wrote:

Hi Dan,

Your experience sounds similar to mine. One workaround I have found so far is just to dial into the meeting by phone, instead of clicking the link to join the WebEx in Outlook. I just wanted to see what others on this list were going to say, before I proposed that solution, as that solution has a drawback. Obviously, if you are hosting a meeting and you need to be the one sharing content via screen share to other users who can see that content, you cannot over a phone call. Dialing into the WebEx conference line over the phone is just for listening and talking.

Please keep your responses coming on this question. I am interested in others’ experiences, who are currently in a work environment, where WebEx is required. Let us know what your workaround is.

Thank you,

Mike

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dan Beaver
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 8:02 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] WebEx

My experience is that it isn't very accessible.  If info is shared NVDA(and I suspect other screen readers) can't read it.  I found it very difficult to find the mute button for manipulating the microphone.  I also found it very hard to find the button for sharing the camera so it was kind of hit and miss whether my camera view was shared with others or not.

Most of what I did my wife was also there and she ended up using the controls because it was so difficult otherwise.  I know this won't help in a business environment but I give it just as an explanation.

I pray for your success in using it.  Maybe they have improved it since I used it last.

Dan Beaver

On 5/16/2018 8:45 AM, Walker, Michael E wrote:

Hello,

What is the most optimal configuration for getting the most out of WebEx with NVDA? I am in a business environment, where we have to use WebEx, for our meetings. I am also faced with another dilemma that just came up, with regards to WebEx. Starting this week, when joining some meetings, I have been randomly asked for a CAPTCHA, that does not present an audio challenge. In 2018, what is the best way to overcome these issues? I am on Windows 10, with NVDA 2018.1.1.

Thank you,

Mike

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.