problems upgrading to latest next versions

Hello. First, I"m running Windows 10, version 1803. When I attempt to update to latest snapshots of Next, it isn't always sure I will be able to upgrade. It can sit there for minutes and nothing happens. It beeps continuously. I eventually terminate the process.

For some reason, unbenounced to me,. I can sometimes get it to install if I change the logging level. This doesn't always work reliably either. How can I troubleshoot this one and get ability to reliably install updates again? This has been going on for a few weeks now. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance for whatever you can do.