From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Walker,
Michael E
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 3:40 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question about Web Browsing

A part of me does think: Why would we promote using a separate site that
offers the same service, just because we have a disability? It has been a
while since I have used Amazon on a computer, since I always use the app on
my iPhone, but I will check into what it would look like, to perhaps even
tab past that carousel. As others have said, try other things like headings,
elements list with insert+f7, etc. If you know the key phrase or part of it,
use CTRL+NVDA+F, to bring up NVDA's find command. Type the part of the
phrase you know.

Having to go through developer tools and change how the browser sends the
version just for Amazon sounds really cumbersome. If I had to do that, I
would contact Amazon's customer service for guidance. I would either send a
complaint, or see what information they could offer. See what NVDA features
are available from NVDA's user guide that you may not have thought of, for
browsing the web.

Overall, there is no one size fits all solution. It really boils down to why
you are on Amazon, what you are shopping for, the information you need, and
if you need to see the related items that someone earlier mentioned that
says, "Items like this one," or whatever it said.

Good luck!

Mike