Re: Antivirus

Angela Delicata

Hi,
I use eset nod32.

Il 07/03/2016 13:33, Kevin Cussick via Groups.io ha scritto:
I am using sophus and after a bit of a shaky start I now have it on 3 of
my many computers and it is Ok seems to be fully accessible. I admit I
have not looked around to see what the ratings are like but I might now
that I have thought about it.

On 07/03/2016 12:11, Gene wrote:
There are other e-mail programs with much better ratings that are
reasonably accessible and don't slow things down. Knowledgeable
people differ on whether Windows Defender is adequate and people
should read about the subject. When Kim Komando recommends that
people use something else and Ars Technica (spelling) does as well,
that in my opinion, is cause for serious consideration.

With reasonable care, Windows Defender may be alright but it has poor
detection rates compared with many programs.

From: Brian's Mail list account
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2016 2:12 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Antivirus

Well, all anti virus programs tend to have one weakness, even if that is
that you cannot actually use it with a screenreader or it slows down
stuff.

I have to say that msse/defender is maybe not as featured as many, but
unless you are the sort of person who goes recklessly clicking dodgy
links
in phishing emails or web sites, thus far checks with other products
on my
machines have not revealed anything very malicious. The pundits always
have
their favourites, and certainly do not have the added issues of
accessibility, but we have to live in the world as it is, as I'm
constantly
reminded, so compromise is often what one ends up with.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-