Re: Strange behavior of NVDA and Windows 10 at machine startup

Sarah k Alawami

I noticed that to, but I'm running an ssd drive so I've always had the start chime after nvda speaks the word lock screen.  5 seconds after I hit the power  button.. As for the other information I don't hear it and I didn't change anythign since the big big update.

On May 17, 2018, at 8:40 AM, Artin Dekker <artindekker@...> wrote:

Hey,
I indeed noticed the same thing in 1803. The NVDA start-up sound already sounds before I have logged in and then the Ease of access center opens.
Sincerely,
Artin Dekker

Op 17-5-2018 om 14:06 schreef Kostadin Kolev:

Hello all,

I've noticed this strange behavior after the update of Windows 10 to version 1803. The behavior is the following. When the machine starts and Windows 10 loads, it gets to the lock screen as it should. Initially it all looks normal, but only for a while. Moments after that, the lock screen displays not only the time and date as it normally does, but user-specific information as well (e.g. weather forecast, upcoming alarms, etc.). Not only that, but the NVDA startup sound is heard, as if the desktop copy of NVDA is loaded, even though it should load only when the specific user signs in. I can't tell for sure if the desktop copy of NVDA loads, because my NVDA settings for the desktop and secure screen copies of it are the same. On top of that, the "Ease of access" menu appears and NVDA starts reading its menu items one by one. This happens when I power up the machine with "Fast Boot" enabled. I haven't tried with "Fast Boot" disabled, but when I restart the machine, the behavior described above does not occur. So, it must be related to "Fast Boot" somehow. And this did not occur before the update to version 1803 of Windows 10.

Has anyone else experienced the behavior described above? Have you found any solutions besides turning off "Fast Boot"? Turning off "Fast Boot" is also a solution, but I'd prefer to keep it on if possible.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev