Re: Coying the last thing NVDA said to the system clipboard?

Quentin Christensen

To clarify,

There isn't a built-in way to repeat the last utterance.  There are several ways that might achieve what you want here, however:

1) If the error is a standard windows dialog box, you may be able to copy it by simply pressing CONTROL+C.

2) If the error is in a dialog box, you can read the entire dialog by pressing NVDA+b.

3) To give you the speak last utterance functionality, there is a Speech History add-on: https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/speech_history.en.html

4) If you open NVDA's speech viewer BEFORE the error message is read, you can navigate to the speech viewer window and read or copy the text.  Press NVDA+N, then T, then S to turn on the speech viewer.

5) You could use the NVDA log with logging set to input / output or debug, although you would likely have to wade through more other information if all you want is the spoken text.

6) You could use NVDA's review cursor / Object navigation functionality to move back through the text in the dialog, even if it is not accessible with the keyboard normally.  The exact keys to press depend on the way the error message is set out, but since you mentioned you are using laptop keyboard layout, you could try
- NVDA+UP ARROW to move to the previous line in the current object and NVDA+DOWN ARROW to move to the next line in the current object.

- NVDA+SHIFT+LEFT arrow to move to the previous object (NVDA+SHIFT+RIGHT ARROW TO MOVE TO THE NEXT OBJECT), and NVDA+SHIFT+o to report the current object.

Try moving around the current object first and if that doesn't give you the text (for instance, if the focus is on an "OK" button), then try moving back to the previous object.

That should give you enough options to go on with for now anyway!

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 7:35 AM, David Griffith <daj.griffith@...> wrote:

Surely the easy way to do this in NVDA is simply to turn on Speech Viewer in NVDA settings.

This opens a window where all speech output from NVDA is copied  as text in a  window where you can simply alt tab to this text window and copy the text out as desired.

David griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog