Re: Strange behavior of NVDA and Windows 10 at machine startup

Kenny <kwashingtonbox@...>

I've experienced it too. It's like Windows is presenting me with all of the built-in accessibility options for me to select from, before logging into Windows. Nice for those who don't know about them. Not so great for those of us who do.

The problem is that I've already chose NVDA as the accessibility option to be use at startup, and having to navigate out of this screen to reach the screen for inputting my pin is a pain.

I just want a way to disable this lock screen verbiage all together. Let me boot up into Windows, input my pin and get started. Stop presenting me with a bunch of stuff I don't care about. Give me a choice in the matter would you Microsoft?

On 5/17/2018 10:33 AM, Kostadin Kolev wrote:

Hello all,

Chris, it is not so. Firstly, I don't hear Narrator speaking and in such a case I should, because it uses a different voice from NVDA. Secondly, I don't see the Narrator Cursor on the screen and with my settings I should, if Narrator is running. Thirdly, I checked in Control Panel -> Ease of access -> Change sign-in settings and Narrator there is not set to run neither on the lock screen, nor after I sign in.

Part of the described in my first message behavior (the one about displaying user information on the lock screen) might be considered as normal, specially if Microsoft have done some changes as to how things load after a "Fast Boot". But I don't think displaying the "Ease of access" menu without me invoking it manually could be considered a normal behavior. And some more food for thought: shouldn't the user's things and information be loaded after he signs in and not before that (?).

I could, and probably will, contact Microsoft about this, but firstly I wanted to ask if I'm the only one experiencing this. I don't think so, because I've experienced it in my virtual machine with Windows 10 Insider Preview, but I've attributed it to the slowness of the virtual machine. Apparently that is not the case.

I've temporarily disabled "Fast Boot" and will test how things go.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 17.5.2018 г. в 15:35, Chris via Groups.Io написа:

It sounds like you have both narrator and nvda to start on the login screen, check settings in both narrator and nvda

As for the other stuff you can change them in settings > personalization > lock screen

So nothing unusual at all really 😃