Re: Strange behavior of NVDA and Windows 10 at machine startup

Chris

Not in windows settings

It is possible to have  it so it logs in automatically, therefore you wont see the lock screen or login page when you boot

Having said that any key press will remove the lock screen anyway

Sent: 18 May 2018 10:23
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Strange behavior of NVDA and Windows 10 at machine startup

Following up on this response. Is there any option to disable the lock screen verbiage all together? Can't find any such switch under settings -> personalization -> lock screen.

Meaning when Windows boots up; I want to be taken directly to the screen for inputting my pin or password.

Until I get familiar with this Android style Windows 10 1803 lock screen, I rather disable it totally for now.

On 5/17/2018 8:35 AM, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:

It sounds like you have both narrator and nvda to start on the login screen, check settings in both narrator and nvda

As for the other stuff you can change them in settings > personalization > lock screen

So nothing unusual at all really 😃

Sent: 17 May 2018 13:06
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Strange behavior of NVDA and Windows 10 at machine startup

Hello all,

I've noticed this strange behavior after the update of Windows 10 to version 1803. The behavior is the following. When the machine starts and Windows 10 loads, it gets to the lock screen as it should. Initially it all looks normal, but only for a while. Moments after that, the lock screen displays not only the time and date as it normally does, but user-specific information as well (e.g. weather forecast, upcoming alarms, etc.). Not only that, but the NVDA startup sound is heard, as if the desktop copy of NVDA is loaded, even though it should load only when the specific user signs in. I can't tell for sure if the desktop copy of NVDA loads, because my NVDA settings for the desktop and secure screen copies of it are the same. On top of that, the "Ease of access" menu appears and NVDA starts reading its menu items one by one. This happens when I power up the machine with "Fast Boot" enabled. I haven't tried with "Fast Boot" disabled, but when I restart the machine, the behavior described above does not occur. So, it must be related to "Fast Boot" somehow. And this did not occur before the update to version 1803 of Windows 10.

Has anyone else experienced the behavior described above? Have you found any solutions besides turning off "Fast Boot"? Turning off "Fast Boot" is also a solution, but I'd prefer to keep it on if possible.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.