Re: Strange behavior of NVDA and Windows 10 at machine startup

Gene

It may be overheating and rebooting.  Aside from the inconvenience, I don't know if the problem is worth looking into further.  If the computer gets that hot daily, I don't know if it might shorten the life of the computer.  But this may be a sympttom of a problem that should be looked into.  I would suggest running a utility that measures the temperature and checking it during playing of a movie.

From: Kenny
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2018 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Strange behavior of NVDA and Windows 10 at machine startup

I'm using a Minix Neo Mini PC box running Windows 10 1803. This box sometimes reboots unexpectedly when using the Kodi media center to listen to DV movies, music and radio stations.

So yes, in normal cases you wouldn't have a need to reboot your PC too often. In my particular case it happens on a daily basis. Why I just want to get rid of it completely.

On 5/18/2018 9:07 AM, Gene wrote:
However else you might get rid of the problem, you should be able to reduce it to almost insignificance by using sleep or hibernate or whatever the Windows 10 equivalents are for these settings.  There hasn't been, since the introduction of Windows XP, any reason to shut down and reboot more than every few days or once a week or even longer, depending on how you use your computer.  You need to shut down sometimes because just using hibernate or sleep does the same thing as leaving the computer running without rebooting for an extended time does.  It results in instability.  But I only reboot when about a week goes by or if instability develops before that.  The way I use my computers it usually doesn't.