Re: Strange behavior of NVDA and Windows 10 at machine startup

Sarah k Alawami

Have you disabled the lock screen? You can do that in the admin control panel or through the rigestry. I love the console you get with windows 10 pro. No need to use the registry to turn that off. I find my system boots much faster with out it.

On May 18, 2018, at 12:06 AM, Kostadin Kolev <k.kolev1985@...> wrote:

Hello all,

As I said in my previous message, I've disabled "Fast Boot" yesterday. That however, did not help for the strange behavior - this morning I turned on my PC and the behavior was the same. So, "Fast Boot" is not to blame here.

I'll leave it be as it is for now, until I can gather some useful technical information and eventually report this to Microsoft.

One more thing that I'll try is to disable NVDA at startup for me as a user and for the lock/sign-in screen and instead enable Narrator for that. If the problem with the appearing "Ease of access" menu persists even after that, I'll definitely report this to Microsoft.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 17.5.2018 г. в 17:33, Kostadin Kolev написа:

Hello all,

Chris, it is not so. Firstly, I don't hear Narrator speaking and in such a case I should, because it uses a different voice from NVDA. Secondly, I don't see the Narrator Cursor on the screen and with my settings I should, if Narrator is running. Thirdly, I checked in Control Panel -> Ease of access -> Change sign-in settings and Narrator there is not set to run neither on the lock screen, nor after I sign in.

Part of the described in my first message behavior (the one about displaying user information on the lock screen) might be considered as normal, specially if Microsoft have done some changes as to how things load after a "Fast Boot". But I don't think displaying the "Ease of access" menu without me invoking it manually could be considered a normal behavior. And some more food for thought: shouldn't the user's things and information be loaded after he signs in and not before that (?).

I could, and probably will, contact Microsoft about this, but firstly I wanted to ask if I'm the only one experiencing this. I don't think so, because I've experienced it in my virtual machine with Windows 10 Insider Preview, but I've attributed it to the slowness of the virtual machine. Apparently that is not the case.

I've temporarily disabled "Fast Boot" and will test how things go.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 17.5.2018 г. в 15:35, Chris via Groups.Io написа:
It sounds like you have both narrator and nvda to start on the login screen, check settings in both narrator and nvda

As for the other stuff you can change them in settings > personalization > lock screen

So nothing unusual at all really 😃