Re: Call me stupid but..

Richard Wells

This is no comfort to you Brian, but I am successfully running Google Backup and Sync on several Windows 10 computers. There has to be something on your particular configuration that is preventing it from running. I don't have anything here to test Windows 7 on, but Backup and Sync should work there as well.

On 5/20/2018 2:55 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
No sign of it. However using ninite or whatever certainly it installed, but no matter what I tried it crashed on launch, and left itself in a bit of a mess. the log in does not work, ie the fields are not  shown, but they do say log in using your browser, and  you do this and it looks like its looked but  no way to get the actual drive to work. it crashed  on a computer restart. its just as crappy on 7 as it was when back up and sync first appeared. if this is the standard of testing that goes on at Google towers, tough, I wasted far too much time on it. It should just work.Add to that it won't even install on xp without a cryptic error about a missing kernel call or somesuch.
So I'm on the look out for a back up cloud solution, I have dropbox but I'd like some kind of  or file solution that is not restricted to 64 bit computers or  has windows 7 as the lowest windows.
Still lots of computers out there running xp.
I do think that when people design software they should actually not be so unhelpful as to  just fall over and  leave computers in a mess. I spent an age removing all the clutter of Googles antics yesterday afternoon.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Wocher" <gwocher@gwocher.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2018 12:05 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Call me stupid but..

Hello,
On the drive page, after hitting the download, you have to search the page for the accept link. I ran into this issue as well.

Greg Wocher

I did that and nothing actually happened which is why I mentioned it here. Not sure that the other site will be up to date. Does it still just download the stub?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vlad Dragomir" <vladdragomir1983@gmail.com>