From: Jackie
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2018 1:10 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problems with NVDA and latest Windows 10 1803

W/all due respect, I will disagree w/some of these last comments. I've
disabled graphics hotkeys, as inadvertently pressing these can cause
display rotation. I'm not sure if that will cause problems w/NVDA if
the display is unintentionally rotated, but I can tell you for certain
sighted folks hate standing on their head to look at the screen. The
resolution should be that supported by the monitor. Mine, for example,
is 1920x1080.

Steve, just out of curiosity, have you tried uninstalling & then
reinstalling NVDA w/the latest update? I'm just wondering if something
may have gotten corrupted here.

On 5/21/18, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
Hi Steve,

I am wondering about what settings you have for the File Explorer. I
have noticed that with some settings in Windows/file explorer since
Windows 7, that it doesn't interface well with screen readers. In
particular, if you have under the view menu extra large icons or grid or
something other than list or details checked, you will have problems.
First check the view menu to see that either list or details is checked.

Also make sure that everything under the group by sub menu is
unchecked. If anything is checked under that menu, it can result in
sluggishness and odd behavior.

Also under the graphics options sub menu there are sub menus. Under the
panel options only the display scaling is checked. Under the resolution
sub menu 1024 X 768 is checked. Under the rotaton sub menu, rotate to 0
degrees is checked.

Under the hotkeys and tray icons sub menu, they are both enabled.

Check out these settings and make them conform to the suggestions above
and see if that helps with your file explorer issues.

On 5/21/2018 11:10 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:

Yep, this pretty much mirrors my experience, although I can never get
NVDA to read the list now.

NVDA is pretty horrible with File Explorer under Windows 10, and it’s
got worse with this build.

All the best

Steve